Sunday, December 12, 2010

Quilt basting frame

This was a surprise and revealed to me just days before my husband's saga in hospital. There are four posts with 10 foot boards. I will staple strips of fabric onto the boards and pin the quilt's three layers to the strips. The boards will be clamped to set the dimension and then I will be walking around the quilt pinning as I go. I will then move the corners in to target the interior. I'm hoping to watch how this is done over Christmas break in Geneva before trying this myself. I currently have two completed quilt tops ready to be quilted.
BTW I have not finished my pink sweater yet-I have put some Christmas gifts first on my to-do list!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Diane, I received your comment about the pouch pattern, but alas, no email address...Drop me an email and we can communicate about the pattern.jgeringirre (at)yahoo (dot) com
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete