Sunday, November 8, 2009

Light at the end...........



Well, I thought I was well on my way last post................but there is a lot of quilting to do in order to cover an entire quilt top. I finally finished the machine quilting and have made the binding.

Next, I will sew the binding on and I have put in a couple of straight pins to show where the stitches will be and then rolled the folded strip over to show how the finished edge will look. I usually use a "walking foot" to sew the many layers together so that the binding doesn't slip. The walking foot is an
attachment that has "feed dogs" like the ones under the needle plate on the sewing machine. With feed dogs on the bottom and on the top of the fabric, all layers of fabric will move under the needle at the same speed and without sheering away from each other.

SNEAK PEAK AT THE FABRIC FOR THE OTHER GRANDSON'S QUILT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment