Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Christmas in August

Just finished a Christmas Quilt for a special friend's wedding present. It is a "stack and whack" design where the border fabric is stacked in layers EXACTLY on top of the next layer with images EXACTLY under the same. Eight layers are then cut into diamond shapes and when arranged make a beautiful Poinsettia. For a better look at the quilt, take a look at the new blog Header on top of this blog. Each different poinsettia is made from the border fabric and nothing else!!
Thank you Lisa for helping do the math and stopping me from messing up those diamond shapes.
The machine quilting is not my favorite especially the back which got a little puckered....but no one noticed but me.....so it will be my signature and proof that I made it myself. By the way.....when I cut this quilt out, I actually cut enough pieces for two quilts....maybe next summer.............




No comments:

Post a Comment