Thursday, September 2, 2010

Knitting break

Okay-have to admit that in the middle of all that quilting, I just had to treat myself with some knitting.This lovely beret was a "pattern and skein" gift from my friend/sister Carol who also bought a skein of a zinnia color for herself. The intention was for us to start this complicated pattern together(with many changes and the need to count to the point of NO TALKING or TV please). Well I had the perfect opportunity as Carol had some minor surgery and needed to stay off her feet for a day. I "babysat" for her hubby the day after surgery and we started together. Three hours later after knitting and ripping out(called frogging) we finally seemed to be getting the hang of the drop stitches and counting. I had to quick go back to the yarn store and get us each another skein in order to finish. The instructions have you block on a dinner plate. It's made out of super-wash wool so I can laundar and plate all winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment