Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sewing again


This was the scene out my kitchen window today. The leaves are falling, the last of the apples are tasty treats for deer. No, I don't live in the country-these are citified deer apparently having dinner at 5PM with cars whizzing by and people walking about?!?!?!?!
I am reminded that this is October and I have two quilts to make before Christmas. I have moved my precious Bernina into the living room and
am ready to roll. Today I began creating a "stripe" to incorporate onto the quilt back. Tomorrow, I should be able to assemble the quilt sandwich (panini if you are Italian) and begin machine quilting. I am auditioning some stitch designs in my head and am looking for one that will flow. I like to choose a round design for a geometric block ( it's a tip my quilt mentor Lisa shared with me). I am thinking of a bubble design but have never actually tried it before...........or maybe a hot air balloon ..........not a flower.........maybe concentric circles......TOMORROW!!




No comments:

Post a Comment