Monday, October 5, 2009

Thank You Knitting



I apologize to all my panini blog fans for the absence from my post. We have been going through quite a bit of change at our house. My mom has been living with us for the last two weeks. It has been unsettling at times due to her confusion, rebellion, denial and frustration with all of us who believe that she needs help. The good news is that tomorrow we will have a bed delivered and she will have her own room where all her accumulated stuff will be housed. She'll have her own TV to watch the Nanny and all the Gossip shows and her own telephone with privacy. Also, we got the go ahead from Independent Health to make the appt. with the neurologist. I also put out a letter to all my friends and family explaining what has happened and asking for prayer and advice. I am happy to say that I had an almost immediate response of love and support which was and is an enormous comfort and encouragement to me. My sister got her letter and showed up at the house to take my mom out for the day freeing up my husband to attend to some outdoor chores etc. WHEW!!!

I also must tell you that my knitting has been a delight because of the process and because of the result. The yarn is luscious and the design is really beautiful. The pattern is lace-like and if the yarn were thinner (like a DK weight)-it would look like lace. While my world is whorring by and all is upside down, I can sit in the midst of "madness" and find peace and creativity........Ahhhhhh

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you! Glad to see you've been finding some peace in your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Piece of knitting, I can't wait to see the finished piece. I hope things work out for everyone. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete