Sunday, September 6, 2009

Challenge Quilts

A Challenge quilt can be a "round robin" when there are several quilters involved .........but in the case of the next two quilts, Lisa and I exchanged quilts between us. We started with a square or block of our choice with whatever color theme we wanted to have developed into our quilt. We would eventually own the quilt we started with that block.
The squares were then exchanged and we both began adding to each other's block putting the next perimeter blocks on.

I should explain that there are no rules and there are 100 miles between each of our homes and sewing machines. After each perimeter was added, we got together again....that is I went to Geneva for "spa" and we revealed what we had done on the quilt.


We exchanged four times, ending by putting the border on the other's quilt. The first quilt on this blog now belongs to me and the one with Lisa's trees belongs to Lisa. She actually has hers all quilted. I have yet to make the "quilt sandwich" with batting and backing....then quilt stitching through all three layers. Stay tuned. I will finish it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so curious to know how the vine pattern on the top quilt was done. Is that just the print of the fabric? Or are those leaves and vines cut and pieced? I've been staring at it trying to figure it out, but I give up! I had to ask! Beautiful work to both of you!

    ReplyDelete