Thursday, September 3, 2009

Two heads are better than one






"even if one is a Cabbage Head"................that was a quote from my 8th grade teacher and she was right!!!! Back from my quilt retreat in Geneva,NY. Thank you to Lisa and David for always making me feel so welcome and loved. Thanks to Chrissy for sharing your room.....warmed it up for ya!!

So any way if weren't for the two heads, mine and Lisa's I would have made some major booboos while cutting fabric for 3 quilts. Math: I can feel the rusty wheels turning as I try to figure out blocks vs. yards(remember to figure in the quarter inch seams) and whether I am cutting across 42 inches or the length of yardage.WHEW!! ....and the calculator doesn't help cause it's not just adding or multiplying. Somehow, I always change from the original directions ......just enough to have to calculate differently.

Lisa was busy working on a quilt for Chrissy and worked across the table from me on her Bernina. The Bali Pops that she is using are gorgeous and her daughter will see the quilt this weekend as she will be visiting her parents and a brand new niece, Ada Louise.

I sewed on a Featherweight machine for the first time while Lisa used her Bernina. That little machine (ancient as far as years and technology) just purred as I began to sew blocks together.

What wonderful and relaxing days!! The Geneva ladies (Lisa, her sister Nancy and friend Anne Marie) and I went to 3 different Mennonite stores.....complete with horse and buggy............. looking for fabric finds instead of our usual trip to Patchwork Plus. It was a tough decision (not going to the most fabulous quilt store ever) but I was so blessed to find amazing fabrics at great prices. I found coveted fabric to add to a collection of retired designer Christmas yardage for 2 of the quilts I am making. We had lunch out then went back to sew quilts and cut fabric.

Wednesday, I attended the Lake to Lake Quilt Guild monthly meeting and had a lovely time meeting other quilters, and ooing and aweing at their "Show and Tell"//// sharing tea and goodies.

David cooked his famous Salmon cakes for dinner while Lisa and I worked(played) on quilts. Summer evenings on the lake, the sound of two sewing machines singing and happy stomachs....what more can I say!!!!!!!!!!! Loved every minute.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Beautiful color scheme!

    p.s. you're not the only one who has her moments with poor math skills. I'm horrible!

    ReplyDelete