Monday, September 7, 2009

Off to work I go!


High Ho! High Ho! It's off to work I gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I haven't mentioned work or really thought about it this whole 3 week vacation.
Had a wonderful time and accomplished some soft goals:
RV camped, got to spend time canning with Vanessa, saw Rachel begin grad school, enjoyed Geneva spa, cut out 3 quilts, made 63 quilt blocks for my newest, learned how to download pod casts from "This American Life onto my new MP3 player, started my own blog, finished two baby girl sweaters, started a knitted cowl for me, harvested veggies from the garden and roasted tomatoes and garlic to freeze. And best of all got to spend time with my husband, refreshed,
relaxed and not stressing over work stuff. (I can never seem to leave work AT work.)

Tomorrow, I will face the stack of files waiting to be inputted into the NY state website, listen and attend to the telephone messages on my answering machine. orchestrate equipment transfers and help schedule Physical Therapy sessions in an A through F cycle in preparation for the return of the little cuties at Buffalo Public School #84.

I am pediatric Physical Therapist ( since 1976) working out of the department of Related Services in the Buffalo District. I assess the need for Physical Therapy intervention in a child referred by their teacher or the Committee on Special Education. I make recommendations and establish initial annual goals for the students who need PT.
I also work directly with a precious bunch of students at #84. I try to to allow them access to the school environment and enable participation in school activity. I love the kids and the challenge of encouraging them to want to achieve functional goals like sitting, creeping, kneeling, walking. I especially love working with parents and family as a team support to the child.

I work along side of the best-I know the expertise of the PT's and OT's best and we are a close family unit. The teachers are wonderful and most of the staff have known each other for some time.

So, yes, I will miss summer and the freedom of the past three weeks BUT I have a wonderful job full of hard work, laughter and love. At the end of the day, I can tell a few funny stories and know that I have hugged and hopefully helped some of God's own children. I pray that He will use me to bless and heal.



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture of the two of you. Bill looks so happy. Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete