Thursday, September 17, 2009

Knitting everywhere


Thought I would let you into a behind the scenes knitting project. No, I am not knitting in a closet but I always carry a little project with me -everywhere- just in case I need to wait in a waiting room or get a minute at lunch and of course if someone else is driving.
I had an itch for knitting after making two baby sweaters but didn't have enough yarn in my stash for a sweater. So, I looked on Knitty for a cowl pattern and then hunted through the stash for my favorite color and a soft enough fiber for my naked neck. I came up with the "Poinsettia" pattern and "Kathmandu" yarn from the Queensland Collection DK weight. It is 85% Merino Wool, 10% Silk and 5% Cashmere.

I am working on a circular needle but may have to block it when I am done because it looks a little thick in the middle. Looks so snug on the model and although I'm just guessing that my neck IS bigger than hers-it may be looser than I had intended. I promise to model it when I am done.

In another post, I'd like to tell you about the transformation I had in the last couple of years: that is evolving from my former American or convention knitting to the European or continental knitting method. The American holds the yarn on the right and the Continental holds the yarn on the left.

1 comment:

  1. Christopher R. ShipmanSeptember 18, 2009 at 3:57 AM

    Where Do you find this stuff? It sounds cool, but I can't even pronounce what your doing. "Kathmandu?" Good luck anyway!

    Hope you post something about 84 soon!

    ReplyDelete