Monday, September 14, 2009

Ta Daaaaa!!!



The quilt top is completed! I am pleased with the results although each time I look at it I wonder if there are areas where some color is too concentrated.

I WILL be quilting with a bright blue thread so some of the white areas will be toned down and the green areas will move to a shade closer to blue. I am considering a "pebble" pattern which I have recently seen demonstrated. It's simple and not entirely feminine like my usual preference- flowery quilt patterns.

My next task is to decide what to back the quilt with. I have three quilt blocks left and some of the original 10 inch (solid color) squares. I am considering incorporating these into the back rather than using a solid color. I also will design a quilt label with some important facts documented including the occasion, signature, year and place created..................you never know-it may be an antique someday and I would want my great grandson or daughter to own a proven piece of history.

3 comments:

  1. Christopher R. ShipmanSeptember 15, 2009 at 4:59 PM

    Wow Ms Diane thats truly awsome! I wish I could give you an idea, but sadly my creativity doesnt cover quilting. lol

    ReplyDelete