Thursday, September 3, 2009

More on Geneva






Now, I want to show you some lively shots of Lisa and David's flower garden. They have huge windows in their house and these beautiful gardens are visible while you are sitting with your coffee or dining.


I left out some interesting photos from my Quilting that I wanted to share with you.

This quilt will be a Christmas presentfor a little boy who loves blue. I cut 63 -10 inch blocks from 7 different fabrics, some batiks and some regular prints plus white. Then I chose three different squares stacked on top of each other. I was given 6 different cutting diagrams from which to chose to then cut(with a rolling blade) that stack of 10 inch squares. I was then to take the top fabric on the outside strip stack and put it on the bottom of the stack, the middle strip- pull the bottom to the top and the right hand square to stay put. So you see that each 90 degree section was to be a different color combination. Then I sewed them together to yield a slightly bigger than 8 and a half inch block. Next I needed to square off the blocks to be exactly the right uniform size. Lisa JUST happened to have the correct ruler in her stash and has graciously loaned it to me. The next 40% coupon I get-it's off to JoAnn's.

I have yet to finish sizing up the squares but will take a photo of them before I begin to sew them together into the quilt top. Stay tuned-we will live this quilt together!!

May I say that being inclined to report to my "Peeps"-(that's you) makes me pay closer attention to details. I'm enjoying this!!



Add Image






No comments:

Post a Comment