Friday, September 11, 2009

TGIF



I had a good but hectic/ challenging week..............................I have my typical Friday night exhaustion after a week's work(and it was a short week oh NO!)

Finally got to hug and encourage an almost brand new batch of "cookies". They all graciously accepted me as their new therapist and we got to work assigning standers and instructing classroom staff on how best to support the kids in their equipment.

This evening,,,,so as not to disappoint my imaginary Peeps I pushed myself to reveal my completed blocks. They are arranged in stacks of various configurations of differing width stripped fabric. The same colors are used AND the blocks all have a square piece in the upper right hand corner
I realized that I'd best arrange the blocks for the quilt top (7 blocks by 9 blocks) in the daylight. I will try to be aware of color, diversity of block design and the play of light and dark. I am hoping to I create a splash of blue much like a winter sky with snow and clouds in contrast. (The grayish color in the photo is really a turquoise blue with " blue on blue" textured fabric-bad lighting).

There will not be a border on this quilt. Iwill bind it with the darkest blue. I look forward to listening to my downloaded "This American Life" tomorrow as............. I take my time playing with these puzzle pieces until THEY please me. Then they'll be raced through the machine to get the top pieced.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I can't wait to see it done. I used to get regular podcasts of This American Life, but I'd forget to listen to them when I got the chance.

    I just discovered this online radio station. It's free www.pandora.com -you put in any artist or song that you really like, and it finds other artists or songs with similar generes/ moods/ beats per measure etc. I'm really enjoying it! You should check it out while you're working (after This American Life of course).

    ReplyDelete