Monday, September 28, 2009

SUNSET



The weekend was bitter sweet for so many reasons. We were able to get away because my daughter Rachel covered for us. You see, the night before we left my mom had a crisis evening with confusion and fear. A friend called us to alert us that my mom was in need of help. Upon arrival at her condo, we found evidence that she needed to be at home with us. There will be doctor appointments etc. in the near future. We are all pitching in to make sure that she is safe and happy. Please pray to our Creator who has a plan for my mom and loves her more than we do. I am praying that she will know we love her and will accept help, look past any embarrassment and just enjoy the next phase of her life.


Bill and I enjoyed walking through the trails and watching the lake especially when the wind picked up.

I thought I would show you an applique quilt that I have been working on while RV camping over the years.


YES, I LOVE CHICKENS!!

The pattern came with pictures like a paint by number diagram. I had a photo of what the chicken should look like. I then tried to match the many layers of colors with my stash of colorful fabric. The center wing of the middle chicken is actually fabric with the the head of a zebra turned on it's side. Some day.......... over the rainbow, I will finish all the chickens and the vines and flowers that will complete that quilt top .
I began my copper cardigan (from my last post) and although I had to unknit or "frog" about 4 inches, I did make a good headway in the back piece. I will share more of that in future posts.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything goes well for you and your Mother. Keep us posted.

    I love LOVE the roosters (and the hen too) But, WOW! I noticed the zebra and leopard prints after staring at them for a while. Very clever! Are those bantam chickens? Thats what we used to raise when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete