Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ready for fall



Well, the house was 65 degrees all weekend. I had to close the windows yesterday because starting out at 65 indoors, and dipping down to the 40's outside at night.............Yeah-trying not to go to turning on the heat just yet. BUT I DID FINISH THE COWL....so my neck will be warm.
Yesterday, I realized that the leaf pattern was morphed and decided to "unknit" back to the spot where I was confident that I was following the pattern exactly. Basically, I had to RIP out the "skirt" at the bottom. I also realized that each line of the printed pattern had the number of stitches in the REPEAT so.................I methodically placed little markers between those repeats. It took time to get it set up But .....was a great saving of time ("UNKNIT"
time) in the long run. I knew that the stitches between the markers had to be the same number. If there was a mistake, I only had to RIP out a few stitches to get back to a marker.

I blocked the finished cowl and let it dry in the sun. How does it look??? I love the way this fiber feels on my neck -great way to dress up a plain sweater or long sleeve Tee.

I am so blessed to have the resources, interest and ability to create.I am grateful that God has led me to friends who have taught me how to craft so many things. I love the quiet time while I am working and so many times, God meets me there... right there, in the process of creating.

He as our Creator has shared the process with me and made me realize how amazing He is, in His genious-creating you and me for a purpose, bothering to put spots on a ladybug, changing the seasons and then of course creating heaven-a place He has prepared for us.

Read John 14:2-6 for such wonderful HOPE.



3 comments:

  1. mom- unripping is also called, "frogging"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The color looks great on you.

    I have tried knitting and crocheting many times, and I can't do it loosely enough. I get my stitches so tight that I eventually can't get the needle/hook through! I guess that's why I have to create in metal! I had a very long productive and relaxing day in the studio today. Sounds like we both had a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cowl Diane. I will have to make one from myself, I always have to have something around my neck in the cooler weather.
    Thanks for the tip about the 'markers' to keep track of the repeat. I hesitate to do much lace work because of it, but I love how it comes out when I do.

    ReplyDelete